PROJECTED DAILY ITINERARY & FEATURES
- Arrival Day: Auckland Airport
- Domestic Flight to Kerikeri Airport
- Check-In: The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs
- Golf Round #1: Kauri Cliffs
- Golf Round #2: Kauri Cliffs
- Travel to Te Arai
- Check In: Te Arai Links Suites
- Golf Round #3: Te Arai Links, North Course
- Golf Round #4: Te Arai Links, South Course
- Travel to Hawke’s Bay
- Check In: Farm at Cape Kidnappers
- Golf Round #5: Cape Kidnappers
- Golf Round #6: Cape Kidnappers
- Travel to Queenstown
- Domestic Flight to Queenstown
- Check in: The Spire
- Day at Leisure
- Optional: Milford Sound Helicopter Tour
- Optional: Extreme Heli Golf
- Optional: Additional Round of Golf
- Golf Round #7: Jack’s Point
- Golf Round #8: The Hills
- Day at Leisure
- Departure from Queenstown to Auckland for International Flight
Important Experience Information
What airports should I plan to fly in and out of?
You’ll want to schedule your flight to arrive and depart from Auckland International Airport (AKL). Please note you will need to depart the US / North America on November 29, 2023 as you cross the International Date Line.
Upon arrival, you will be whisked away on a 45 minute flight to Kerikeri Airport to arrive to the Bay of Islands. From there our driver concierge will meet and greet and welcome you to New Zealand.
Please contact the Concierge Team if we can be of assistance with arranging alternative airport transportation or assist with booking flights.
What will the weather be like during our stay?
A typical day in December is similar to the beginning of Summer on the West Coast with warm sunshine for most of the country. The average temperature is in the high 70s F in the upper North Island, the mid 60s F in central parts of the country, and high 50s F further south, including Queenstown.
What currencies are used in New Zealand?
The currency utilized in New Zealand is the New Zealand Dollar (NZD). The New Zealand Dollar is currently trading at 1.00 USD to 1.70 AUD.
Will I be able to get cash and use credit cards while in New Zealand?
You will find that most major credit cards and debits cards are nearly universally accepted in New Zealand. The same is true of Travelers checks, which should be in New Zealand Dollars to avoid extra exchange rate charges. ATMs are ubiquitous throughout New Zealand so you will have easy access to cash. It should be noted that American Express is not as widely accepted in New Zealand as Visa and MasterCard.
How much cash should I bring?
We recommend bringing minimal US dollars, i.e. $75-100, with you and then accessing the local ATM’s upon arriving in New Zealand. The ATM’s will dispense the local currency and your bank will automatically calculate the exchange rate. Your own bank will typically provide the most favorable exchange rate available to you.
How many meals are included?
A full breakfast will be served every morning whilst staying at Te Arai Links and The Spire.
At Kauri Cliffs, Huka Lodge and Cape Kidnappers: Breakfast, Lunch, Pre-dinner Drinks, Dinner (excluding wine and liquor) and complimentary non-alcoholic minibar are included.
The GG Concierge Team can assist with making any reservations and recommendations for the group for additional meals not included in the Experience
What is the cancellation policy for this Experience?
All deposits and final payments are non-refundable. However, we highly recommend purchasing a travel insurance program through Travel Guard and we will be happy to provide a quote or you can browse below
Can I upgrade my accommodations?
Absolutely! We have confirmed junior suites as a minimum, however if you were interested in upgrading to more space, please advise your concierge.
What if I want to play additional and optional golf?
There are plenty of noteworthy courses around the areas you’ll be staying at in New Zealand! If any Guest wants to play additional golf, even at the spur of the moment, your GG Concierge or Driver Concierge can arrange optional golf for you. Optional golf can be arranged well in advance of your departure as well. Please consult the GG Concierge Team for golf options.
Can I play 36 holes a day if I want to?
Absolutely! Please let a member of our Concierge Team know and we will be happy to set up additional tee times for you.
Can I arrange to ship my golf clubs to New Zealand?
Yes! We partner with Ship Sticks, the leaders in golf club shipping, and can arrange for your golf clubs to be shipped directly to Kauri Cliffs to await your arrival and home following your Experience. This is a great option to help ease the hassle of traveling and better yet, to prevent the terrible misfortune of missing or the delayed arrival of your golf clubs due to the airlines.
Please contact the Garmany Golf Concierge Team at Experience@garmanygolf.com if we can be of any assistance to you.
- This Experience is priced in U.S. Dollars.
- This Experience is priced at the exchange rate of $0.64USD to $1.00 NZD.
- Due to the volatile nature of the exchange rate, any increase exceeding 1% of this rate on the date of payments using the rates shown on www.oanda.com will result in a corresponding adjustment in price, which will be applied to all payments.
- All Ground Transportation with respect to airport arrivals and departures included are based on the fact that all Guests will arrive and depart from agreed upon airport. Additional charges may be incurred for airport transfers that occur from any other airport as well as multiple arrivals and/or departures requiring additional ground transportation services will incur supplementary charges depending upon the additional services required. Additional charges may be incurred for any airport transfers that occur on other arrival or departure days.
- Caddies and/or carts may be arranged at the request of the Guest, provided such services are available.
- All caddie fees and gratuities and cart fees are the responsibility of the Guest.
- A current handicap certificate from a bona-fide golf club may be required for all Guests who are playing golf during the Experience. Play could be denied if a valid handicap is not presented.
TRAVEL GUARD, TRAVEL INSURANCE
Garmany Golf strongly recommends for your protection that you take out insurance to cover you in case of forced cancellation, loss or damage of luggage, personal injury, accident, illness, or other unforeseen circumstances, none of which Garmany Golf can be liable for.
Garmany Golf is a licensed representative of Travel Guard, the recognized leader of travel insurance options. A Garmany Golf Concierge will be happy to provide a quotation or you are welcome to explore a quote below.
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES
Once tee times and accommodations have been booked and confirmed, and the requisite deposits have been placed, there are no refunds of any deposits or final payments made by Guests or the representative club.
Garmany Golf strongly recommends travel insurance to protect any Guest against any unforeseen circumstances that may cause a Guest or club to cancel participation in any Experience.
ADDITIONAL AND OPTIONAL BOOKINGS, AND PAYMENTS
At the request of a Guest, a Garmany Golf Concierge will be happy to book any non golfing tour, activity or additional round of golf before or during the Experience. Please be aware that an administrative or booking fee may be added to any such booking. In the event of such a fee, the Guest will be notified in advance of the fee and have the opportunity to decline the booking confirmation.
All Guests agree to provide a valid credit card in advance of the Experience that may be used for payment for any additional tour, activity or additional (non included) round of golf booked during the Experience for the Guest.
Garmany Golf, as the tour operator, and its selling agents, act only as agents in securing and booking the hotel accommodations and other land tour services provided by others as independent contractors. Garmany Golf, its selling agents or the specified air carriers assume and accept no liability for injury, loss, damage, accident, delay, changes or inconvenience caused by: any force majeure – health risks – reason of war or threat of war – riots – civil strife – terrorist activity – industrial disputes – acts, omission, neglect, delay or default of any person engaged in providing any tour services including transportation and accommodation – technical problems to transport – closure or congestion of airports or ports – building work – extended hotel closure – cancellations or changes of schedules by airlines – interruption or failure of public utilities outside the control of the hotel and similar events beyond our control, including storms, tempests and hurricanes.
Garmany Golf is not liable for loss, damage or theft of luggage or personal belongings, for personal injury, accident or illness on any vehicle or at any place throughout the tour. Garmany Golf reserves the right to cancel an Experience if circumstances so require. In the event of such, Garmany Golf will make a full refund to travelers of all payments received in respect of the Experience. Such a refund of payments will be the full extent of Garmany Golf’s obligation and liability to travelers. Garmany Golf is not responsible or liable for any property damage caused by a Guest. The Guest assumes all responsibility for incidental charges, damages and any necessary replacements needed that may have been caused by the Guest’s visit.